Voice Control can be quite helpful, but sometimes this feature can dial the number by mistake while you walk. The Voice Control feature is enabled by pressing the Home button, which can be accidentally pressed by other objects in your pocket or wallet. Although there is no way you can do to really “turn off” the Voice Control feature, maybe you can use other ways to disable it.
Disable Siri and Voice Calls
1. Know the process. Voice Control technically can not be turned off. This solution will make Siri take over Voice Control, activate a passkey, and disable Siri from locked screen. This will make the Home button activate Voice Control or Siri if the screen is locked and prevents you from preventing phone calls that you do not want.
2. Open the Settings app.
3. Select “General” then press “Siri”
4. Scroll the “Siri” option to ON. This way you may not find it helpful, but you need to turn on Siri first to take control of Voice Control.
5. Go back to the Settings menu and select “Passcode”. If you’re using iOS 7 or earlier, this option can be found in the “General” section.
6. Press “Turn Passcode On” and create a password first if you do not already have one.
7. Disable “Voice Dialing” to turn off voice calls.
8. Press “Siri” to turn off Siri from locked screen.
9. Change the “Require Passcode” setting to “Immediately”. This will cause your phone to get a password as soon as the screen is turned off, thus preventing accidental calls.
10. Lock your phone. Now that the settings are correct, you will not be able to activate Voice Control or Siri while pressing long holding the Home button while the phone is locked in your wallet or pocket.
Disable Voice Control from Jailbreak Devices
1. Jailbreak your device. You can disable Voice Control on your jailbreak iPhone, but not all iPhone can be jailbreak. Click here to get detailed guide to the iOS you use (This article is for iPod Touch, but the process is the same for all iOS devices).
2. Go to the Settings menu and select “Activator”. When you do a jailbreak, then an application called Activator will usually be installed automatically. This application allows you to change various settings on your iPhone.
Note: If you do not have an Activator installed, go to Cydia and find it. Click here for detailed guidance on how to download apps from Cydia.
3. Press “Anywhere”. This will allow you to change the settings that apply to your phone at any time.
4. Press “Long Hold” under “Home Button”. This is the command that is usually used to turn on Voice Control.
5. Select “Do Nothing” under the “System Actions” section. This will turn off the ability of the Home button to enable Voice Control.